INTERNATIONAL CENTER FOR RESEARCH ON WOMEN
Finance and Administrative Director - Nairobi, Kenya
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Director, Kenya*
Posted: April 24, 2013
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) is an international development NGO headquartered in Washington D.C. with offices in New Delhi, India and Nairobi, Kenya. For 37 years, ICRW has focused on promoting gender equality and alleviating poverty through rigorous research, advocacy and policy engagement.
Currently ICRW, with its partner Pathfinder International, seeks a Finance and Administrative Director with significant experience in providing overall financial planning and management of project activities. The incumbent will effectively manage the budgets, expenditures, and reporting of a multi-million dollar, multi-year DfID project as well as liaise with partner financial managers. This position will also be responsible for management of the project office in Nairobi, Kenya. The incumbent will report to the Project Director in Kenya, as well as the ICRW Senior Director of Finance in Washington, DC. Applications are due no later than April 30, 2013.
*Note that this position is contingent upon funding.
· Provide effective financial planning and development of budgets for all programme activities
· Oversee full programme budget, including spending, projections, sub-contracts, etc.
· Manage the project office, including all administrative matters
· Supervise finance and administrative staff in two locales: Nairobi and the Northern Arid Lands
· Monitor actual expenditures vs budget on a routine basis
· Prepare external and internal financial reports including accrual reports, audit schedules and budget schedules
· Work with DC based staff on financial matters
· Work with subgrantee financial staff on financial report preparation
· Ensure compliance with donor and ICRW grant policies
· Ensure proper stewardship of project funds
· Conduct training with program and sub-contractor/sub-grantee staff on financial management
· Work with the external audit firm on audit and government filings
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a related field
· At least 10 years experience with NGO financial management, budgeting and reporting of large, multi-year, multi-million dollar research projects
· Experience with grant regulations and cost principles
· Experience in managing project offices and finance/administrative staff
· Experience with DfID as a donor is highly desirable
· Experience with Quickbooks is highly desirable
· Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and with accounting software
· Must possess excellent writing, and communication skills, excellent organizational skills, detail orientation, and the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
· Must be a team player with excellent administrative, financial and communication skills
How to apply:
Interested individuals should submit a statement of interest, CV, salary history and requirements, and names and contact information of 3 references to email@example.com with “Finance Director” in the subject line by no later than April 30, 2013.